The function of a pump is to circulate oxygen dissolved in water to sustain the life of a pond.
The function of a pond pump is to circulate oxygen dissolved in water to sustain the life of a pond. Your choice of pond pump needs to take into account whether it is for a pond containing fish or one containing just aquatic plants. A pond containing Koi fish will need a bigger pump than that containing just goldfish as they create more pollution (amount of fish faeces and urine alters the rate at which water becomes less pure).
Our Pond Pumps are available in five different models based on wattage and flow rate, and can be used as either a submersible or surface (external) pump for ponds. All models operate at a maximum depth of 2 meters.
Pond pump features:
- Powered using a low energy consumption
- Can be used with biological filters, waterfalls and large water features
- Comes complete with ball joint and multistage hose adaptor
- Flow rate: 16,000 litres/hour (3,550 gallons/hour)
- Flow rate at 1m lift: 12,000 litres/hour (2,600 gallons/hour)
- Maximum lift: 4.8 meters (15’9″ feet)
- Wattage: 225 W