A black synthetic rubber sheet. The 1.0mm is ideal for more demanding applications.
Epalyn 1.00mm price per square m : £6.65 (£5.60 excl VAT)
Epalyn 1.00mm pond liner is a black, synthetic rubber sheet, which is slightly more flexible than Butyl liners and can be repaired in the same way. Epalyn is an EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer).
Epalyn 1.0mm can be fabricated into a tailored-to-fit liner or box-welded liner in the same way as Butyl.
The difference between an Epalyn and Butyl pond liner is the polymer. To be called Butyl the sheet must contain more than 50% butyl polymer. The polymer is the ingredient that makes the sheet elastic. In most pond grade Butyl there is usually a percentage of EPDM polymer mixed in. Epalyn, however is made with 100% EPDM polymer. EPDM polymer is more readily used around the world and so is generally cheaper. It has a higher specification than Butyl in 60% of tests and equal in the remaining 40%. This is the reason behind this sheet being less expensive than Butyl.
It is the ultimate product for UV resistance, which is why this material is also used to waterproof roofing. The Epalyn 1.00mm and 0.85mm are the same as 0.75 mm but, gives added piece of mind with the extra thickness for more demanding applications.
Epalyn manufacturers guarantee is Lifetime for orders under 100 square meters and 25 years for orders over 100 square metres. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further details.