EPDM (Epalyn) pond liners are synthetic rubber membranes with outstanding physical properties such as strength and flexibility, making this the ideal choice for lining ponds. Epalyn can be used for the water containment of any size pond because sheets of liner can be fabricated together using a Hot Bond Seam Weld technique. Epalyn is therefore available to order for any pond size or design.
View our Pond Liners Online video for details of pond liner fabrication and vulcanisation >>
- Epalyn rubber liner is manufactured in Sweden then delivered in rolls 1.7m wide and 30.5 or 40m in length in thicknesses of 0.75, 0.85 or 1.0 mm’s.
- The Epalyn liner is rolled out in preparation for measuring and cutting.
- The material is cut to the correct length sheets for fabrication into a pond liner.
- The liner is then folded in such a way as to make the fabrication process as easy as possible.
- The first sheet is prepared for fabrication to the second.
- We use hot bond tape to weld the two sheets together. The tape is applied to the very edge of the first sheet.
- The backing from the tape is removed ready for the second sheet to be applied.
- The hot bond welder is moved into position and the liner seam is pulled into the middle of the platen ready for the fabrication process to begin.
- The platen is heated to 190 – 200 degrees C and when closed over the joint pressure is applied using a compressor to start the vulcanising process.
- This process results in a high strength, vulcanised overlap seam.
- At this point the weld is inspected to ensure that the machine has bonded the two sheets together correctly.
- The pond liner is now complete and ready to be folded and packaged ready for delivery.
For details on what size pond liner to order, use our pond liner size calculator before placing your order to avoid wastage.